Please add “UK” to your location if using search.
- This event has passed.
Wide Leg Trouser Workshop
September 25 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM£80.00
Wide Leg Trouser Workshop
During this workshop you will learn how to make ‘Spring’ Trousers (pictured) in UK size 4-20, using a Modern Sewing Co. pattern
The Spring Trousers pattern offers a voluminous, high waisted, wide leg trouser with a semi-elasticated waist. Featuring Zip fly construction, semi elasticated waistband, side pockets and front pleats.
Get to grips with a sewing machine and learn how to use a commercial pattern.
All abilities welcome, don’t worry if this is your first time sewing.
Where: O L D E R O P E, 5, The Moor, Falmouth Cornwall TR11 3QA
When: Sunday 25th September
Price: £80 including pattern
Skill Level: No prior knowledge required
Class size: max. 6
What will I learn?
How to understand and cut out a commercial pattern in your size and make adjustments to improve fit.
Learn about fabric and how to cut it out correctly.
Construction of your trousers using a sewing machine.
You will learn how to sew pleats, a fly zip, inseam pockets, buttonholes and how to create an elasticated waistband.
Simple and easy to follow instructions to improve and develop your skills with an experienced tutor.
Small groups allow for individual support and learning at your own pace.
If you have to leave early or don’t quite finish, you can come back to complete your garment in store free of charge.
Claire will be on hand to support you through your creation
What is included?
- We provide sewing machines, and all tools and equipment you will need to create your trousers.
- Modern Sewing Co. Spring Trousers pattern in UK sizes 4-20 for you to keep
- A £5 lunch voucher for Good Vibes across the road from us is included in the day.
What do I need to bring?
- Fabric and threads. We prefer you to use preloved or waste fabric. You can visit the Retro Chic Warehouse in Penryn, or Ring Rose fabrics in Redruth for Zero waste options. Please wash and dry all fabric prior to the workshop.
- We have Gutermann recycled sew-all threads available to purchase in store should you require.
These trousers work well in a range of fabric weights. For summer wearing linens and light/mid weight cottons and suitable. Silk/tencel will work for more drape and for winter a light wool suiting or twill.
Fabric width 150cm | Sizes 4 – 12 = 230cm | Sizes 14 – 20 = 240cm |
Fabric width 110cm | Sizes 4 – 12 = 230cm | Sizes 14 – 20 = 260cm |
- 1 x 16-18cm cm zip in a corresponding colour to fabric, 2 x buttons (around 2.5-3cm)
All workshops are payable in advance. Refunds will be given if you notify us of cancellation within 48 hours of the event
If you have any questions please send us an email
or visit us in store
Thanks for being part of the solution