Please add “UK” to your location if using search.
Smock jacket Workshop
2 April 2023 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM£80.00
Smock Jacket Workshop
During this workshop you will learn how to make the ‘Landgate’ Smock jacket (pictured) in size XS – XXL, using a Merchant & Mills pattern
The hooded Landgate is chic yet workaday and features a drawstring waist and side and front pocket options. Suitable for both men and women.
Get to grips with a sewing machine and learn how to use a commercial pattern.
All abilities welcome, don’t worry if this is your first time sewing.
Where: O L D E R O P E, 5, The Moor, Falmouth Cornwall TR11 3QA
When: Sunday 2nd April
Price: £80 including pattern
Skill Level: No prior knowledge required
Class size: max. 6
What will I learn?
How to understand and cut out a commercial pattern in your size and make adjustments to improve fit.
Learn about fabric and how to correctly cut out.
Construction of your smock using a sewing machine.
You will learn how to sew patch pockets, a zip, drawstring channels, hood construction, and how to insert sleeves.
Simple and easy to follow instructions to improve and develop your skills with an experienced tutor.
Small groups allow for individual support and learning at your own pace.
If you have to leave early or don’t quite finish, you can come back to complete your garment in store free of charge.
Claire will be on hand to support you through your creation
What is included?
- We provide sewing machines, and all tools and equipment you will need to create your smock.
- Merchant and Mills ‘Landgate’ pattern in sizes XS – XXL for you to keep
- A £5 lunch voucher for Dark Pony next door to us is included in each day.
What do I need to bring?
- Fabric, threads, zips and cord. We prefer you to use preloved or waste fabric. You can visit the Retro Falmouth , or Ring Rose fabrics in Redruth for Zero waste options. Please wash and dry all fabric prior to the workshop to allow for pre-shrinkage.
- We have Gutermann recycled sew-all threads available to purchase in store should you require.
- The Landgate pattern is designed for woven fabrics. Look for mid-weight canvas, chambray, denim or oilskin (do not wash oilskin). Use the table below to determine how much fabric you require. (email us if you need help working out what you need)
Other bits you will need:
- 2-3M of 15mm webbing or a drawstring cord.
- Optional 2 metal eyelets approx. 7mm internal diameter.
- You can make buttonholes as an alternative to eyelets.
- 0.30M lining for side pocket bags.
- 16cm metal zip (XS-M) 18cm metal zip (L-XXL)
All workshops are payable in advance. Refunds will be given if you notify us of cancellation within 48 hours of the event
If you have any questions please send us an email
or visit us in store
Thanks for being part of the solution