Please add “UK” to your location if using search.
- This event has passed.
Hinterland Dress Workshop
April 24 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM£80.00
During this workshop you will learn how to make a Hinterland Dress UK size 4-28, using a Sew Liberated pattern
The Hinterland Dress offers a timeless, comfortable, and elegant silhouette. Featuring three sleeve options, either partial or full button down plackets, customisable length, and inseam pockets, this is a pattern workhorse that spans the seasons. A lose fit with side bust darts and a gathered skirt.
Come and join us in the magical world of OLDEROPE. Get to grips with a sewing machine and learn how to use a commercial pattern.
All abilities welcome, don’t worry if this is your first time sewing.
Where: O L D E R O P E, 5, The Moor, Falmouth Cornwall TR11 3QA
When: Sunday 24th April
Price: £80 including pattern
Skill Level: No prior knowledge required
Class size: max. 6
What will I learn?
Learn how to make a Hinterland Dress use a sewing machine.
Simple and easy to follow instructions to improve and develop your skills with an experienced tutor.
Gain skills in the use of patterns and how to understand them. You will learn how to sew bust darts, facings, inseam pockets, button plackets, and inset sleeves.
Small groups allow for individual support and learning at your own pace.
If you have to leave early or don’t quite finish, you can come back to complete your garment in store free of charge.
Claire will be on hand to support you through your creation
What is included?
- We provide all of the tools and equipment you will need to create your dress.
- A £5 lunch voucher for Good Vibes across the road from us is included in the day.
- Sewing machines are provided in this class as well as the usual dressmaking tools:ScissorsPinsTape MeasuresSew Liberated pattern in UK sizes 4-28 for you to keep
What do I need to bring?
- Fabric and threads. We prefer you to use preloved or waste fabric. You can visit the Retro Chic Warehouse in Penryn, or Ring Rose fabrics in Redruth for Zero waste options.
- We have Gutermann Recycled sew-all threads available to purchase in store.
The Hinterland Dress is designed for woven fabrics. Look for mid-weight linen, cotton, chambray or denim. Note that if you want to extend the skirt length beyond the provided midi length, you will need to purchase extra fabric.
45″-wide fabric: 4 ¼ yards
54″-wide fabric: 3 ½
45”-wide fabric: 3 ½ yards
54”-wide fabric: 2 3/4 yards, 2 ¼ yards size 10 and under
11 ½” – ⅝” buttons
(email us if you need help working out what you require)
All workshops are payable in advance. Refunds will be given if you notify us of cancellation within 48 hours of the event
If you have any questions please send us an email
or visit us in store
Thanks for being part of the solution