Please add “UK” to your location if using search.
Craft Beer Stitch-Up
May 14 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM£90.00
Craft Beer Stitch-Up
It is back, the one of a kind event….. a day of sampling craft beer while making a work shirt along the way.
We realised that sewing had got a bit too twee so we decided to shake it up.
Alongside quenching your thirst with drinks from Lauter Bottle shop, you will make a Foreman Shirt in chest size 36-46 , using a Merchant & Mills pattern.
The Foreman features a boxy cut, 2 piece sleeve, a neat square collar, 2 hip pockets and one breast pocket.
Take charge in this practical, hardworking utilitarian jacket. Inspired by traditional work wear of the early 50s.
All abilities welcome, don’t worry if this is your first time using a machine.
Where: O L D E R O P E, 5, The Moor, Falmouth Cornwall TR11 3QA
When: Sunday 14th May 9am-5pm
Price: £90 including pattern, beer and £5 lunch voucher for Dark Pony cafe next door to us
Skill Level: No prior knowledge required
Class size: max. 6
What will I learn?
We will start by cutting out the commercial pattern in your size
then cut out the fabric you have brought along with you or we can provide
Simple and easy to follow instructions to get you through your make.
You will learn how to create facings, inseam pockets, button plackets, and inset sleeves.
If you have to leave early or don’t quite finish, you can come back to complete your garment in store, free of charge.
Claire will be on hand to support you through your creation
What is included?
- We provide all of the tools and equipment you will need to create your shirt.
- A £5 lunch voucher and 3 craft beers are included in the day.
- A Foreman Shirt Merchant & Mills pattern in chest size 36-46 for you to keep.
What do I need to bring?
- Fabric, threads and buttons. We prefer you to use preloved or waste fabric. You can visit Ring Rose fabrics in Redruth where you will receive a 10% discount or the Retro Falmouth in Penryn, for Zero waste options. Please wash all fabric prior to the day to allow for pre-shrinkage.
- We have Gutermann Recycled sew-all threads available to purchase in store.
The Foreman shirt pattern is designed for woven fabrics. Look for mid-weight linen, cotton, chambray or denim. Use the table below to determine how much fabric you require. (email us if you need help working out what you need)
46 & UNDER
120 CMS WIDE,
140 CMS WIDE,
150 CMS WIDE,
You will also need 4 x 20mm button
All workshops are payable in advance.
Spaces that are cancelled more than 48 hours prior to the event will be given a full refund. Cancellations within 48 hours of the event will be subject to a 40% cancellation fee.
If you have any questions please send us an email
or visit us in our Falmouth store
Thanks for being part of the solution