Please add “UK” to your location if using search.
- This event has passed.
Artist Apron Workshop
9 October 2022 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM£80.00
Artist Apron Workshop
During this workshop you will learn how to make ‘Victor’ Apron (pictured) in one size, using a Merchant & Mills sewing pattern
The Victor Apron pattern offers a perfectly functioning apron for makers of all disciplines, adjustable for all shapes and sizes and featuring a cross back for comfort, top pocket for smalls and large divided waist pocket with scissor holder.
Get to grips with a sewing machine and learn how to use a commercial pattern.
All abilities welcome, don’t worry if this is your first time sewing.
Where: O L D E R O P E, 5, The Moor, Falmouth Cornwall TR11 3QA
When: Sunday 9th October
Price: £80 including pattern
Skill Level: No prior knowledge required
Class size: max. 6
What will I learn?
How to understand and cut out a commercial pattern in your size and make adjustments to improve fit.
Learn about fabric and how to cut it out correctly.
Construction of your apron using a sewing machine.
You will learn how to sew patch pockets, straps and finishing of seams.
Simple and easy to follow instructions to improve and develop your skills with an experienced tutor.
Small groups allow for individual support and learning at your own pace.
If you have to leave early or don’t quite finish, you can come back to complete your garment in store free of charge.
Tutor on hand to support you through your creation
What is included?
- We provide sewing machines, and all tools and equipment you will need to create your apron.
- Merchant & Mills Victor Apron pattern for you to keep
- A £5 lunch voucher for Good Vibes across the road from us is included in the day.
What do I need to bring?
- Fabric and threads. We prefer you to use preloved or waste fabric. You can visit the Retro Falmouth Cornwall Hospice care in Penryn, or Ring Rose fabrics in Redruth for Zero waste options. Please wash and dry all fabric prior to the workshop.
- We have Gutermann recycled sew-all threads available to purchase in store should you require.
The apron works well in a range of fabric weights. Oilskin, Dry Oilskin, Denim (8oz to 14oz), Mid-Heavy Weight Cotton Canvas or Drill
120cm wide fabric – 1.50M
150cm wide fabric – 1.30M
You will need:
2 x 30mm (1.25″) adjustable metal sliders, you can find ours here.
2 x 30mm (1.25″) brace clips or dungaree clips,
All workshops are payable in advance. Refunds will be given if you notify us of cancellation within 48 hours of the event
If you have any questions please send us an email
or visit us in store
Thanks for being part of the solution